Preparation in the AeroPress is a little more complicated than the standard method, but cleaner and much more controlled. Don't have the right tools yet? You can find the AeroPress here.
1. First, place a new, dry filter paper into the AeroPress cap and attach it to the Aeropress.
3. Next, rinse the Aeropress with hot water. This preheats it and rinses the filter paper. Empty the water from your cup.
4. Add your freshly ground coffee to the Aeropress body.
5. Pour water and moisten all the ground coffee.
6. Stir the coffee well.
7. Carefully insert the plunger at an angle. Once it has penetrated, pull it up slightly to create a vacuum.
8. After 90 seconds of steeping time, start pressing down. You may need to apply a little pressure - pay attention to the cup. After 30 seconds you should be done.
WHAT YOU NEED
15g freshly ground coffee per 250ml cup
Hario Kettle (optional – but helps extract evenly)
Measuring spoon or scale (optional)
QUANTITY, TIME, TEMPERATURE..
Coffee quantity 15g
Water temperature 91˚C
Brewing time 2 min
Grinding level medium – fine – like powdered sugar